In our work with individuals and company teams, one fact is made clear: the most effective leaders and employees are those whose roles are in alignment with their strengths.
This provides a natural advantage for each, with shorter learning curves and greater job satisfaction.
How can you tell if an employee is in a role that fits their strengths?
- They will be enthusiastic in their work.
- They will lose track of time – you may have to remind them to go to lunch or leave for the day.
- They sustain good energy throughout the day.
- They feel a sense of purpose.
- They care deeply about their work and outcomes.
- They are quick and efficient.
- They exhibit confidence in their work.
- They are good at what they do.
- They are the respected “go to” person for what they do – because others see their natural strengths as well.
The fact is, if you have an employee working in their strengths, it makes your job as a leader exponentially easier. Your goal should be to match roles with strengths, and then provide the guidance and tools to allow your people to excel…because they will.
If your employees are huddled in groups, constantly complaining, it is because they do not like their jobs. If they sigh when given an assignment, watch the clock all day, come in late, and slip out early, roles and strengths may be part of the issue.
One of the biggest questions we hear is, “How do I motivate my people?”
The fact is, you can’t. Motivation comes from within. It happens when who we are within connects with what we do. A leader is not a motivator but a catalyst to help make this connection happen.
For more information on how you can assess strengths and thus assign roles within your organization, visit StrengthLeader.com.
As the CEO of Strength Leader Development, Deb Ingino is a highly sought-after international executive mentor, coach, trainer and speaker. Deb is well versed in global business operations and helps business leaders and their teams to discover and leverage their strengths, so they can create highly collaborative teams that deliver great results. With a refreshingly direct style, Deb helps leaders and their teams to deliver profitable results. Connect with Deb to learn more about her mentorship and coaching programs to equip you with advanced strategies to elevate your results.