Each person is endowed with a unique set of innate strengths. These strengths are gifts that, when applied to work and life, allow you to reach your full potential. Circumstances may change, and you may adapt somewhat, but you will always have those same core strengths.
In our work with DISC profiling, we are able to map these strengths, not only individually, but across a team.
And therein lies the potential for massive power to a company.
Imagine two teams.
This team is put together in the normal fashion, where you choose people you know will work hard to make things happen, and then you assume they are geared to do what is needed.
They may be – or they may not be – but neither of you will know until they are tested in the work.
You assign roles based on needs.
- There may be a learning curve, which slows things down to some degree.
- Or they lack desire for some parts of the work required, which further slows down the process.
- Now if you have a good team, they will likely try anyway, and then you can run into the third unintended consequence: a high number of mistakes because they were outside their strengths zone.
Now let’s imagine a team that is designed for ultimate use of strengths.
In this scenario, the test comes BEFORE the work. Because you have tested for strengths, you know exactly who the best person is for each facet of the work.
You assign roles based on strengths.
- There is little to no learning curve, so work starts sooner.
- There is intense desire because it is work they innately enjoy, so work gets done faster and with more creativity.
- There are fewer mistakes because it is work at which they naturally excel, so work does not have to be re-done.
By virtue of strengths-based assignments, you have increased efficiency exponentially. More importantly, you have created a team of leaders who love what they do and who do it well.
As a leader, what more could you want?
The good news is, you can do this without expanding your workforce. It is not about hiring more people and working harder; it is about working smarter.
Do you know your team’s strengths with this level of certainty?
Is your team operating at optimal strength and efficiency?
To learn more about how you can create a high potential team with built-in efficiency and effectiveness – click here.
As the CEO of Strength Leader Development, Deb Ingino is a highly sought-after international executive mentor, coach, trainer and speaker. Deb is well versed in global business operations and helps business leaders and their teams to discover and leverage their strengths, so they can create highly collaborative teams that deliver great results. With a refreshingly direct style, Deb helps leaders and their teams to deliver profitable results. Connect with Deb to learn more about her mentorship and coaching programs to equip you with advanced strategies to elevate your results.