In today’s world, without purposeful attention, you could be working non-stop on other people’s priorities. It is critical that you, as a leader, take the time to determine your priorities, create margin, and regularly recharge. Your family, organization, and community need you to be at your best, and you cannot be at your best if your energy and resources are depleted.
In this podcast, you will find a series of questions to ask yourself in order to begin creating margin in your life. Margin is not optional. Without it, you will experience burnout. And burned-out leaders burn out their people and organizations.
Here are some signs you may be in the burnout danger zone:
- Your calendar is full of meetings and obligations placed there by others, with no space in between.
- Your highest priorities go unaddressed day after day.
- You feel rushed all the time, yet still it’s not enough to meet all the demands.
- You are exhausted but can’t sleep.
- You don’t have a stopping point in your work each day.
- You don’t have a break between meetings, projects, or trips.
- You don’t have time to think and reflect.
- Your family is noticing and feeling the effects of your absence or inattention.
If any of these describe you, take some time to listen to some great advice here on the John Maxwell Corporate Leadership Solutions podcast.
As the CEO of Strength Leader Development, Deb Ingino is a highly sought-after international executive mentor, coach, trainer, and speaker. Deb is well versed in global business operations and helps business leaders and their teams to discover and leverage their strengths, so they can create highly collaborative teams that deliver great results. With a refreshingly direct style, and using the Maxwell Method, Deb helps leaders and teams to deliver profitable results. Connect with Deb to learn more about her mentorship and coaching programs to equip you with advanced strategies to elevate your results.