The key to any relationship, professional or personal, is trust. While trust is something you give, it is also something you must cultivate with others.
How do you establish trustability as a leader?
Trustability is earned by the steady application of other abilities, some of which are listed below. These are the building blocks of trust.
- Reliability – You are true to your word, consistently doing what you say you will do.
- Dependability – You show up where you are needed and committed to being.
- Credibility – You are authentically who you are perceived to be.
- Relatability – You are someone people can relate to because you are genuine.
- Compatibility – You foster teamwork.
- Connectability – You are approachable and work to create meaningful connections with others.
- Vulnerability – You will admit when you are wrong.
- Accountability – You are accountable to principles, policies, procedures, promises, and people.
For a great discussion on how you can build trust as a leader, take some time to listen to this podcast. (Click here.)
As the CEO of Strength Leader Development, Deb Ingino is a highly sought-after international executive mentor, coach, trainer, and speaker. Deb is well versed in global business operations and helps business leaders and their teams to discover and leverage their strengths, so they can create highly collaborative teams that deliver great results. With a refreshingly direct style, and using the Maxwell Method, Deb helps leaders and teams to deliver profitable results. Connect with Deb to learn more about her mentorship and coaching programs to equip you with advanced strategies to elevate your results.